Building on the positive news we reported on our blog last week related to job growth in Canada, we encourage you (if you haven’t already) to have a look at our spring issue of Career Bulletin – our quarterly e-Newsletter, and read about Canada’s “slow but steady” economic recovery.
Some highlights include:
- Last month the economy added nearly 18,000 jobs
- Last quarter saw the strongest bout of growth in employment we’ve seen in 2 years
- The number of Canadians receiving regular EI benefits decreased in every province for a total of 47,000 nation-wide
- 40 per cent of executives in a recent study said that finding skilled professionals in today’s labour market is a challenge
- The latest quarterly survey from Bank of Canada announced last week that, as sales increased, firms would increase their hiring and investments