CAREER ADVICE

We understand – job searching is difficult. Which is why we created and compiled all the best tips and guides to help make the process a little easier for you! Check out one of these categories to get started.

Professional Development

Cover Letter & Resume

Applying for Jobs

Interviewing

Rocking Your Job

For Students

Professional Development

Professional Development

LinkedIn Professional Development
January 1, 2018

14 Strategies to Boost Your LinkedIn

Approximately 90% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find talent. Will you get their attention? Follow these tips to get noticed:

Professional Development
January 1, 2018

Soft Skills Most in Demand

Got every hard skill required for the position? Work on those soft skills! Think about which ones you need to develop or improve, because managers value soft skills. Often, it’s…

networking Professional Development
January 1, 2018

16 Tips Before You Start Networking

About 85% of jobs are filled through networking, so if you don’t meet or talk to anyone, your chances of getting a job are slim (~15%). Don’t like those odds?…

Cover Letter & Resume

Cover Letter & Resume

cover letter Cover Letter & Resume
January 1, 2018

Why Write a Cover Letter

In the time it took you to reach this page from our homepage, the hiring manager’s already stopped reading your cover letter. That’s because they spend an average of seven…

resume Cover Letter & Resume
January 1, 2018

Resume Checklist

Here are some things Career Edge’s recruiters recommend before submitting your resumé:

Applying for Jobs

Applying for Jobs

ATS Applying for Jobs
January 1, 2018

13 Ways to Beat the Applicant Tracking System

Applicant tracking systems (ATS) disqualify about 75% of applications INSTANTLY after they’re submitted. What’s an ATS? It’s software that many employers use to accelerate the hiring process by organizing, screening, and filtering a large…

calendar Applying for Jobs
January 1, 2018

Best Times to Apply for Jobs

Slow and steady doesn’t always the win the race. If you see a job you’re interested in, apply quick. That doesn’t mean clicking ‘submit’ right away – it means not…

Interviewing

Interviewing

video interview Interviewing
January 1, 2018

Video Interview Checklist

If you dread video interviews (like how the average millennial dreads voice calls and prefers text messages), think of them as opportunities, not obstacles. Video interviews showcase your personality and…

Interviewing
January 1, 2018

How to Dress for Success

Dressing for an interview can be just as important as the experiences on your resume. Which is why today we’re covering the in-and-outs of dressing for success. In the year...
handshake Interviewing
January 1, 2018

What to Ask After the Interview

You’ve finished answering their (many!) questions. Then they ask you if you have any. Don’t say no! Ask the questions. Not too many, but you MUST ask a few. It…

Rocking Your Job

Rocking Your Job

Rocking Your Job
January 1, 2018

Don’t Make These 10 Mistakes at the Company Party

Don’t want your coworkers to know it’s your first office party? Here are 10 things you should avoid:

Rocking Your Job
January 1, 2018

Unwritten Rules of the Workplace

Your first day of work can be exciting. You tour the office, eat lunch with the team, learn about employee perks like Fun Friday, review the workplace’s written rules –…

For Students

For Students

student For Students
January 1, 2018

12 Things You Must Do Before Graduation

Most post-secondary students finish school with regrets – don’t be one of them! Make sure you complete this list before graduation:

For Students
January 1, 2018

How to Get Hired Before Graduation

It’s not impossible to get hired before you finish school – many students do it. Domenic Sgambelluri, our Alumni of the Month for October 2017, did it. This is his advice…

Ready to launch your career?