Seeking Entry Level Work?
Let us showcase your abilities.
It takes determination to overcome the challenges of living with a disability of any kind. Despite this, you have achieved your educational goals while managing your disability and are now ready to launch your career. Our participating private, public and not-for-profit sector employers are committed to offering qualified new graduates with disabilities access to meaningful, paid internship opportunities within supportive and professional work environments.
Working in your chosen field through a four to 12-month paid internship will give you the confidence and valuable real-world business experience you need to launch your career.
Who’s eligible for Career Edge’s Internship Program for New Graduates with Disabilities?
Graduates with self-declared disabilities who:
- have recently graduated (within three years) from a university or college;
- have little or no career related work experience;
- are legally able to work in Canada;
- have not previously accepted an offer for paid internship from Career Edge.
How do I get started?
Step 1: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria listed above and click here to complete the online application form.
Step 2: View and apply to internship opportunities in your field, if your application is approved after a short screening interview that will be scheduled within 2 business days of your registration.
Step 3: Career Edge host employers select applicants that best suit their current employment requirements. An offer of employment will be presented to successful candidates.
Successful New Graduates with Disabilities will obtain:
- a four to 12-month paid internship with reputable employers;
- a monthly stipend of $2,200.00, less standard tax deductions;
- real-world experience and the confidence to jump start your career;
- provision of on-the-job coaching and mentoring;
- professional networking opportunities.
Click here to find your edge!