Career Edge Talent Screening is an online video interview platform. To complete your profile, you’ll record video responses to showcase your personality to employers. In approximately 10 minutes, you’ll answer three basic questions to showcase your personality to employers, with preparation time between each question. Don’t worry, you’ll receive unlimited practice time before it begins, and these responses don’t replace the in-person interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
Career Edge Video Interview FAQ
Your video interview brings your application to life! It gives you the ability to showcase your personality and individuality to employers, helping you better present your potential fit within a company’s culture and gain an advantage over other candidates.
This tool also enables you to personally demonstrate your soft skills, including communication and presentation skills, and your ability to think on your feet.
Potential employers and Hiring Managers will have access to your video interview, so prepare well and keep it professional.
After you register for our internship program, you will receive an e-mail from Career Edge inviting you to complete your video interview. Scroll to the bottom of the e-mail, click the button provided, and start your video interview process.
Can’t find the e-mail? Call us at 416.977.3343 or toll-free at 1.888.507.3343
The only equipment you will need is a webcam and a microphone.
You should dress professionally. Your video interview will be seen by potential employers and hiring managers; so, dress as you would for a regular in-person interview.
To create a great video interview:
- Keep your background clean, simple, and distraction-free
- Sit in a well-lit room and remember to position the light source – whether it’s a lamp or a window – in front of you, not behind you
- Avoid positioning yourself too close or too far from the camera – ideally only your face and shoulders should appear in the video interview
- Look into the camera as you respond
- Smile and be yourself!
Your video interview will consist of three questions –
- ‘Please tell us about yourself.’
Give a short summary of yourself from a professional perspective – speak about your professional highlights and background.
- ‘What interests you about a Career Edge internship?’
Speak about how an internship can help you launch a meaningful and fulfilling career.
- A randomly-generated standard interview question, like ‘What is an accomplishment that you’re proud of and why?’
Use the STAR method to tell your story –
- S: Describe a specific Situation
- T: Share the Task you were trying to complete
- A: Describe the Action(s) you did to accomplish the goal
- R: Summarize the Results
Absolutely! Before recording your video interview, you can take as many practice interview as you need. So, take advantage of this and ensure you’re fully prepared for your actual video interview.
Unfortunately, once you have started your actual video interview, you cannot exit or redo it.